Sunday, September 11, 2011

=)

I wasn't in the mood to come up with a clever title.  I was just in the mood to write a little something.

I've been thinking quite a bit lately about how wonderful everything is.  Life is truly a beautiful thing.  I have a super fantastic lovable family that adores me.  I have the kindest friends a girl could ask for.  I have this really sweet boy I kind of like a lot.  =)  I go to the school of my dreams.  I get to study what truly interests me.  I get to pursue my passions of music and teaching little kids.  I get to sing with the BYU Choirs.  I know who I am.  I am blessed to have the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ in my life.

It sounds all self-satisfied and smug and like, "Oh, look at me, isn't my life wonderful?"  And ok, fine, it sort of is, but not in a "rub it in your face" sort of way.  In a "I'm super duper happy about everything and I just want to spread the joy" sort of way.  Life is so !!!!  I can't even come up with a word that has enough significance and pizzazz and umph and something that means what I'm trying to say.  One of my favorite thoughts comes from a Calvin and Hobbes comic, but with a twist—Calvin says how life is always unfair but that he wishes it would be unfair in his favor.  I'm convinced that life is always unfair in my favor.  I lucked out with EVERYTHING in a big big BIG way.  I look around at my life (especially the people and opportunities that surround me) and I think, "How could I ever have done anything to deserve to be where I am with who I'm with?"  And then I remember that I'm just super duper lucky and blessed and loved and I accept that life is ridiculously unfair in my favor and I smile.


I feel obligated to mention that I have hang-ups and bang-ups and get left in a lurch and in a slump, etc.  It happens and it always hits me really hard out of nowhere and I'm left looking around wondering where it come from.  But I've found that after each one of those bang-ups, my happiness has wiggled down a little deeper into who I am.  Does that make sense?  (Sorry if it doesn't.  You might have to deal with it anyway... Thanks!)  Here's the thing, though—every time I get in a slump people pull me out of it.  Remember that amazing family and wonderful friends and cute boy I mentioned?  They help a lot.  And my Savior whose truth lights my life—He helps the most.

Really, I owe everything about how wonderful my life is to Him.  He is the reason everything is ok.  Or why everything will be ok.  I have a testimony that He can fix any problem and augment any joy.  Everything that makes me happy is possible because of Him.  And everything that makes me unhappy is surmountable because of Him.  He is why life is wonderful. He is why I can be with people I love forever.  He is why we get to see gorgeous sunrises and sunsets every single day!  He is why everything keeps going and growing even after this earthly segment of life ends.  He is why I get to live on cloud nine. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment